Saturday, October 29, 2011

10.24-10.30 - Snow in Oct

I didn't get questions about the HABL program, it is good because it means that everything is clear. I hope that some guys and girls will apply for it.
This week was harder than the previous one, I expected it, but it was harder anyway.

I had to do four essays or tasks. One for case study class about the evaluation of Schindler India entering to the Indian market. Harvard style evaluation essay. Just in 4 pages. Not easy to write about every aspect in a real pragmatical way. It was Tuesday.
Wednesday morning spent with creating figures, charts and tables about some kind of stuff.
Then write a book report about the book so called White People by Gurganus. Did I tell you the procurement story of this book? I don't think so. I searched first at the Arnold Bernhard Library (lib of the uni), then in the QU Bookstore and finally on Amazon.com. Aaand I got it at 5 cents cost! Such a good price for a used book! I want it now! But üröm az örömben, puppy in the happiness, the delivery cost was at least $4,99:D It is crazy, isn't! Who the heck would like to sell a book at 5 cents?

And, of course, the blessed marketing class on Thursday! Actually, I liked this case, named Atlantic Computer; the main concern was how to price a server with its software acceleration tool which provides you 4 times more performance than your main competitor. Four options were: marked-up pricing, price at equal to four competitors' products price, price just the server and give away the software for free or value-in use method. Naturally the value-in-use won.

There was a huge snow storm on the East coast, 8 inches snow fell down in 10 hours. Some pictures about it:


The beginning


After the snow storm (2 million people without power)

Here is my little steak with some healthy broccoli:
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment