Sunday, October 23, 2011

10.17-10.23 - second month

My brother told me, how fast was my second month, because it was just 30 days, not 31 as it was in the first month. That is true, but not just because of the numbers of the days. My life in America is accelerating and becomes more smooth.
Yesterday I went to fish again and caught 10 fish, brought back seven basses, cleaned and froze them.

That was a good part of the day, but the morning was terrible:( We went to the DMV (department of motor vehicle) office and tried to take the knowledge test. The office opens at 8am, we arrived at 7:23am and the line was about 15-18 meters (maybe 20m). You cannot imagine how many people get up at Saturday dawn with their family to travel about 1,5 hours to this beautiful place. That is not normal...

Dad, it is a beautiful Saturday morning, what should we do?? Go to Waterbury DMV!! Let's go and screw up our Saturday morning. There is no better place to screw up your Saturday morning:D I would had to take a photo about that ridiculous chaos. You can take the knowledge test until 11am after registration. We got the chance to register at 10:10am. OK, if you start the registration process in Waterbury, you will have to take the knowledge test there, so you have to go back. Without car the situation for me is even harder (it is not ok to ask a favor all the time, i hate it). We have just known there that the Hamden DMV Office is open last week. Fine!! OK, please give my papers back, I am done:) I gotta go to Hamden!! Yihhhaaa! I didn't want to jeopardize unnecessary round to Waterbury again. So, my time at DMV was a crap. Do not talk more about it. I am going to take the knowledge test this Friday in Hamden and buy a car and take the road test. We will see, I have time.
It is a good question where I will work from January. Photronics liked me at the interview, so I could work there as an intern from January but maybe there is a better company for me as Chris said. This is an excellent news!! I will be able to work somewhere from January in such this time in the US! I am very proud of Ildi, she got her job at Travelers (Ildi, I hope that is not problem to write it down:)
We are organizing the Trade Visit with CEENET on 17-18th, November. I like to work on it very much!
The school is going well, this week will be a bit more difficult than the previous one. I took my second english presentation about my favorite city, Budapest. (I know, you could ask why not Tarcal?:)

I want to show you our little apartment.
Our apartment from outside, left from the door
Inner backyard
Living room with almost flat screen TV:)
Full-equipped kitchen
Where is your room Bence?? :D That is going to be in one of the following track:D Are you curious? I wish!

Talk a bit about why you should apply for HABL program. HABL is
- unique
- a huge benefit from studying MBA
- an opportunity to get work experience in the States up to 3 years
- a chance to achieve your 30 seconds for success
- a milestone in your academic carrier
- a place to meet new people
- a source to improve your English
- great because it makes you ready to give back something to your nation!
- a basis from where you can travel

Who is an ideal HABL candidate? Listen carefully Chris on Monday evening!
Only one thing that you have to decide early: can you leave Hungary for three years?
Short guideline:
1. Realize
2. Decide
3. Apply
4. Come

C u!




No comments:

Post a Comment