Thursday, May 3, 2012

04.22 - 04.29 - French Canada

This week is going to be crazy. I mean really crazy!
I thought that last week would have been tough, but i miscalculated.
I got 99% on my second mid term in finance, i was quite happy with this result. On Monday we held our presentation one week in advance of the deadline, because one of our team member had to go to Miami to get a job done there. Not bad, not bad! Oh, actually, we presented two times on one class. Our group, the Midevil Money did a good job.
Tuesday was easy, Wednesday was just the same, nothing special. I went to work on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Nono, actually I went on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. And of course i studied for transportation management. I tried to study in advance, but you know me, if I am not under a certain time pressure, I postpone it:D Thursday late night, we published our new website: www.mathiashostel.com

On Friday we went out for a CEENET cocktail event with the Hungarian MBA students who were on a business trip. We had a good time there:) I got free drink (on this picture i paid for it) and free food as well, hmm... i always realize that i like free things:D
On Saturday morning we packed up our stuff and headed towards French Canada!!
Here are what happened to us during the three days. And some numbers: 1200 miles in 36 hours, 4 states, 2 countries, 5 forts, 1 snail meal:D:D and much more.
Impressive

 First "picnik" at the bridge that was blown away:D (It was around 8 Celsius - 46 Fahrenheit)
The bridge

No Comment - FREEmaniac

Quebec City #1

@Quebec Citadel

A little remainder for my favorite class (transportation management)

Quebec City #2

Quebec City #3

We spent a nice french dinner. I ate this..

GARLIC SNAILS!!!! wohooo:D First time in my life. I was a little bit scared of it, but after the first bite, it catches me. I fell in love with snails. I want to have a snail farm in Hungary and export snail to France. 

Macro pix of snail

and i chose French Onion Soup. It was not worth $8. My father makes much better.

First night with transportation management (it was followed by a dawn shift another night shift and a dawn shift during the trip)  
When something is high (especially it is a sculpture) I must climb on it! I have no idea what that sculpture about:)

Quebec City #4

Fort Chambley - Fort #1

What kind of country is Canada? You cannot fish at a fort?:D 
This restaurant balanced my budget spending on food. It was the third restaurant where we went into and try to get food. The first two was disappointing. They didn't speak English at all, even they didn't understand the word Menu... But at that "cheap" restaurant i got two huge meals (tomato soup with crackers and spaghetti bolognese) with 15% tip at $8. Incredible!!
Felt like somewhere in Hungary 
 Hmm, it tasted ok, but absolutely satisfied me with its size
____________________________________________________________
Viewers' discretion is advised!
A carp head at the next Fort, my first carp I have seen here

Fort #2 (we were not able to visit it, because it was before the season and should have used ferry to go there)
 
Montreal #1 - Fort #3
On the fort, dont do this!

Montreal #2 - with the Olympic swimming pool

Montreal #3 - McGill University, the home of the father of the organizational theory: Henry Mintzberg

Montreal #4 - Countryside

Fort #4

"Fort" #5

big

Bence is tree climbing

Montreal's stairs


We are going to visit the Great Lakes area tomorrow (Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Buffalo, Cleveland)

Thanks for reading!
Keep going!



No comments:

Post a Comment