Sunday, April 22, 2012

04.17 - 04.22 - Fishing season starts

I still do not have much time. I am buried under school stuff. Just to let you know what i have due for this upcoming week (it is not complaining, just reality). There will be two finance presentation on Monday, one test and one paper in managing people and organization on Tuesday, one research paper (half) in transportation management on Wednesday. It doesn't seem to be much, but it is. So thus I was able to go to fish on Friday, Saturday and Sunday... Poor time management:)
On Friday I was invited by my colleagues to go to a German restaurant in Danbury. Of course i went there and checked out the food. It was good, but not the same as in München at the Hofbräu Haus. I ate the soup of the day (potato and onion soup). Ya, gut! I was thinking about ordering the food in German but finally i did in English. I was a little bit confused with the Wurst selection. So I almost ordered it in Hungarian:D


Wurstplatten - Guten Appetite!
Danke schön!


Oh, I forgot to post this picture in my last blogspot: 
Home style Burger at Demil's on Whitney - ultimate challenge after Thursday class - I terminated this sandwich:D

Back to the fishing:
Everything started on Friday afternoon at Photronics. There is a little "fire-pond" next to the factory. In a lunchtime i went to check it out. And guess what? I saw so many fish in it.
Here is the result:
Chub at Photronics!

Viewers discretion is advised! Fish are coming. 
I know i am a little bit crazy about them, but hey! the 2012 fishing season has been just started on 21th of April (always starts on the third weekend of April) at 6am. I arrived to the river at 5:55 and was not able to park my car anywhere but on the prohibited section of the road. The coast of the river was packed with stupid anglers. Come on guys, what is going on?? I have never seen that kind of craziness around fishing. 
But i thought no one can stop Bence to put his bait into the water and catch some fish!!
I found a 10 meter (30 feet) long part which was free, so stood between two other colleagues. There was a fisherman on every fifth meter (15 feet)! CRAZY!!! I almost had no place to throw my bait but i solved it. I went for fish with sweet WallMart corn. Everybody looked at me, look at this stupid young kid! Is he going to catch anything?? Look at our stuff, expensive poles, state-of-the-art reels, cool and trendy baits/spinners, special clothes (you know when you look like a forest in the middle of the water)! 
Guess what? 
After 30 minutes i caught two trouts with CORN!! Now, everybody became jealous on me. And started to ask: Can I get some corn? Of course, you can bro! On Saturday morning i got much more than anybody else i saw on the coast. 10 trouts. 5 is the limit so i released 5 of them. And I caught around 30 chubs too. 

 
The first one after 5 minutes! 
Pro colleagues! You should have seen me! $20 rod and reel set from WallMart, one $1 towel from dollar tree, c77 WallMart value sweet corn and one float from Hungary. You cannot find any usable float here in the entire USA. At the end the last fish broke my rod at the last section. (I went home and fixed it.)

I got a practicing fly rod from Jeffrey and a bunch of flies from Forrest. I tried it and caught my FRIST FLYFISHED FISH, a little chub! I was even more happy!
5 trouts on Saturday
2 trouts on Sunday in one hour

And finally some good food again! On Saturday night we went out to a Ethiopian Restaurant in New Haven. 
I ordered the special selection, where you can choose four types of food on one plate. 
I really enjoyed the food, not just because it tasted good, but because i had to eat with my hands and fingers actually! That is what i was always missing in my childhood.:D:D:D

Before!

After!
:D
Ultimate challenge 2.0

Thanks for reading!
Take care!










No comments:

Post a Comment