Monday, April 9, 2012

04.02-04.09 - Broadway, Easter 2012

We went to meet with our former boss at the Hungarian Goulash Place in Danbury.

The special plate was so cool! Fasirt, kolbász, sült karaj, pároltkáposzta!! The sausage tasted like real home-made stuff! I would never believe without seeing with my eyes and tasting with my tongue. Yammy!

Look at this beautiful palacsinta/Palatschinke/Pancake, it had three layers as it was rolled up, each one was stuffed with cottage cheese, strawberry jam and apricot jam!

With the oldest Hungarian Hungarian-restaurant owner, Aczél János bácsi (Mr. John Aczel)

With my peers! Wow, we had a great time, everyone ate his/her portion.
I had to go back and buy two pairs of home-made smoked sausages. János bácsi gave me a half real Hungarian bread!!! I sat down on Friday and ate half of it (approximately 60 dkg-s, 1,2 lbs) with fresh butter!

On Tuesday night I got an invitation from Jeffrey's mother to the Broadway. That night was just so perfect. I cannot compare the show to any other theater shows. I knew that the Broadway is Broadway, but i had no clue what is going on there. Now I know. Incredible performers. That was an epic experience, thank you!!!

Here is a short movie about it. But it cannot give back the feeling.
Just look at me! I look like a five years old kid, who just got a lollipop. I was so happy. I couldn't do anything else but smile. 
I went to fish on Saturday afternoon. The weather was wonderful, so i decided to catch some fish. I walked around where just water was and tried my best, but nothing really came to my hook. 
I saw some beaver sings. In one of my previous spot there is a video about them. Look it up.
I like this picture, i always wanted to make a bridge like this. "The dream came true..."
It is in the middle of the swamp. The beauty can find you anywhere. 
There is a Long Island:) where the river reaches the pond, i walked through alongside and almost stepped on this goose mother. She has 5 eggs. I didnt want to disturb her so turned back and sat down to fish. The water was crystal clear i could even see the bottom of it. While I was wondering in the sunshine a huge large-mouth bass swam in front of me. Of course i wanted to catch him, so i made a cast, but he went away. I thought: **** this, i have to have fish dirt on my hands. So I decided to cheat the system and let's fish on campus where there is a little pond. (some days earlier i checked it, and there was one big koi carp in it and i saw another big fish, but i couldn't say what kind of) I don't have to say that you cannot fish on campus.
Let's have fun! - Who is gonna catch you, Bence on Easter Saturday?
Here we go!! I felt enough fish dirt on my hands, caught altogether 70 fish. Most of them were sunnies and bluegills. 
And the 60th was the big fish i saw in the pond before. 

A beautiful large-mouth bass, the first one in my life.
I fried it and served with corn and juice. It was delicious. That is why i love our Campus. What not allowed to do is much sweeter! I am going to come back! Check out for crazy Hungarians at the pond!
Alley and Jeffrey invited me to a Sunday Easter lunch. Here is the Table 1. 
What do you think?  
 Creamy cheese with jam and cracker? It tastes good! 
Lamb, beef and we had a huge piece of ham. Good protein source for a hungry kid. 
Table 2.  
 Pickled daffodils 
Me with Mr. Bernhard

Happy Easter 2012!




No comments:

Post a Comment