Sunday, March 11, 2012

03.05-03.11 - Boston

So lets see, what happened to me. Right now i am sitting on my bed and enjoy the freedom of my springbreak. But don't run ahead.
Honestly, i do not know what happened on this week. Oh, i know. So on Tuesday we had a paper due in managing people and organization. So Alex and I sat together and wrote a case about the GE former leader.
On Wednesday we had the midterm in transportation management. It went well (hopefully:)
I worked at Photronics, got really interesting projects again in inventory and in strategy.
Here comes the interesting part.
After work on Friday, i came back, packed my stuff and got ready to go to Boston. I took Ildi and Dan took Evi. We arrived Dan's family's place around 9:45pm. But the way was not that simple. Most of the time i just followed Dan's car wherever he went and whatever how fast. So we speeded on the highway before the border between Connecticut and Massachusetts. And we drove around 89miles where the speedlimit was 65. And before we wanted to go back to the middle line and to slow down a car just arrived from the left. I do not how it came, he blinked to the right so i gave him yield and in the next moment the police-light started to flash like in the movies. HOLLY COW!!!! What is happening, im caught. I started to panic. Benceeee, calm down, do not worry, it will be fine. (Yes, exactly fine (around 200$) in the ass!) I didnt remember what i should do when the policelight is flashing, but for any case i also pulled over, behind the police car. I stopped, the policeman came to me and was shouting. WHAT ARE YA DOIN??? My legs were shaking a little bit (of course just a little bit), i didnt hear it well so pull down my window and he shout: GET LOSSSTTTTT!!!!!
Holy sh*t! OK, gotcha, i move my ass away! And i just realized that you are stupid Bence. You have to pull over just in case of the cop is behind you. So, Dan got a ticket and it made us sad.
At their place we drank beers, ate pizza and started to work on my car. First step was to lift it up. There were two ramps, but they were too steep so Dan had to lift up the header bumper not to hit the ramps. After three beers I said: Bence you gotta focus!! Dont kill Dan with your car! So i drove up carefully on the ramps. We lifted up the back wheels too, so the job was pretty much done for the first day. After a minute we figured that we can chop down the old muffler. Destroying is always better, faster and easier than building or restoring something, so we had fun doing it:D
On Saturday morning Evi and Ildi wanted to go to the city by train, but Evi came up with the idea that we should go to the IHOP. That is another type of franchised fast-food restaurant which is basically a non-stop dinner with lots of pancakes. We had to wait to get a table for like 15 minutes! WTF? I have never had such an experience. We ordered, got food, ate it and done. On the way back we picked up the missing parts to get this muffler changing job done. We worked on my car for 5 hours and at almost 6 we went to Boston. Actually first to Cambridge and we checked out the Harvard square and the Harvard Campus and Charlie's restaurant. I wanted to buy a book at the Harvard book store, but i just couldn't choose what book i wanted to have. So, i didnt buy any books. Fine. You cannot imagine that bookstore. This is just amazing what bookstore can do. This is a goldmine for stupid business students, like me. I could spend there hours and hours. Wow!!
At Charlie's place i tried to eat crabcake with french fries. I could have made a better choice. And i had an impulse order. I didnt want to drink anything but water. I turned left and i saw HOE GARDEN. Holy cow?! What is this? Beer. I must have one! So i ordered it, but it was not the best decision again. :D
Then we went to Boston downtown with train and look around Boston wharf. I just love that city, i have to go back again!!! Such a nice piece of Europe. This is a livable city after the first glimpse. And we found the liberty square where the monument of the Hungarian '56 revolution. Hungarians are everywhere.
We went home around 1am. Today morning we had to set the clock one hour ahead, so we lost one hour. We came back at 11am and Andras and I went up to the Sleeping Giant for hiking. As we came back I prepared for the dinner at Xiao, who is one of our Chinese classmate and served a traditional Chinese dinner for us. And then i came back home, laid down and started to write this blogspot. Tomorrow im gonna work at Photronics, on Tueasday as well and on Wednesday i'll come back at 1pm from work and we leave to Florida at 1:30pm. Everybody says you are gonna have fun there dudes.:D


@Harvard book store


Boston street!

 Charlies Kitchen
Two guys with Hoegaarden

Crabcakes:) - Rákfasírt

Boston City Hall

With immigrants

Girls with women immigrants

Hungarian '56 Revolution Monument

Boston Wharf I.

Boston Wharf II.

Terrible Kale!!! Never make a juice just from Kale!!!

 At the top of the sleeping giant
Rocky Top

Authentic Chinese dinner by Xiao Xiao (thanks!) 


My Honda on the ramps

At the IHOP, i never paid for breakfast before

Diet potato and bacon soup for breakfast

More went into the car then out of it:D
Shitty muffler, good muffler => Bence is happy

Harvard underground




No comments:

Post a Comment