Monday, January 30, 2012

01.24-01.30 - My courses

I have to tell you something about my classes.
I take the following four courses in this semester.
Financial Analysis:
     This will be a hard class to pass it well. There is so much thing to do for it. I have already got my finance book, it costs 250$. Don't try to count it in HUF, i know this is a lot of money, i can live for one and a half month in Budapest at this price. Anyway, i checked out the book, it has 1010 pages...hard cover, corporate finance, jaffe and three other authers wrote this pearl for us, 9th edition. I also had to buy a financial calculator to make difficult calculations:) This is a BA II Calculator made by Texas Instruments. There is a discussion board to take part and write smart comments on different topics, this is online. We are working in teams, we have to handle a summary about a financial asset for every week. We have to take online quizzes and have two midterms to take. (I guess that is the only class with that professor where students have to take two midterms and then a final:)

Managing People and Organizations:
    We have a hot teacher on this class, I say hot because she looks pretty at her age. Her best field is the entrepreneurship, i like her, i want to learn a lot about entrepreneurship from her. She learnt my name first on the first class. The book for this class is more than 150$. I hope it will worth its price. We work in teams too. My mate is Alex, we were in the same group on the strategy class. We will take quizzes every class from the next readings. So you have to learn a lot in advance. We will make a presentation and write a capstone case about an organization. As I heard she is a tough grader, but i dont care, i want to learn.

Transportation Management:
    That class is part of the supply chain track. So many people ask me: "Are u gonna take a supply chain track?" I say "No, but i know shit about this topic, so i wanna learn how it works, what it is at all. And I am getting really interested in retail and it fits for this. That is it." Here the book is 190$. We have to buy a Harvard Case study package too. (I do not write down the costs because i want to complain, the only thing i want to point out is the price that you can compare to the hungarian ones.) Here my groupmate will be a german girl, she was a pro tennis player. We will wrie cases and capstone on our desired topic that we also have to presenent in 30 minutes. I want to learn about export/import stuff too.

Managing Marketing Channels:
    I still do not know what we learn about, but i know this is also a supply chain course. On the introduction class we talked a bit about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzqMoOk9NWc This is an interesting topic, i would highly recommend for lawyers too. I almost fell asleep on this class, so i know it was boring a little bit. Here i bought the book for 100$, but officially it would have been 200$.

While I am writing this post, i am not in a good mood. Yesterday when i came back from Jeffrey, my cooler system just went gone. The stream came out from the upper hose that goes to the engine. I was scared that my entire engine will stop down. Finally i arrived home and checked what happened, there was no coolant in its reservoir and there was a hole on the upper hose where the stream came from. Now my car is at the mechanic shop. One of my friend offered me a good place where to fix my car. I like the way how their service goes, there is no advertisement just the word-of-mouth for 50 years. It is such a great service!
But having a used car is just pain in the ass. I must to have it be fixed until Wednesday because i must to go to Brookfield to take my drugtest and meet with my next boss.
I am so happy that i will work at Photronics Ltd. We have to finalize the details of my job, but i will do my first internship there at the supply chain department. People! At the supply chain department! The only one thing i could have a concern about is the distance, they are 50 miles away, so i will drive 160 km-s every day when i work. But i dont complain at all! I am glad to go there!

Keep your fingers cross to my car!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment