Sunday, February 24, 2013

02.18 - 02.24 - QU-Yale

There is not much going on. This weekend is very relaxing. On Wednesday we had our regular Wednesday gym night. We were sipping Scotch and great handcrafted beers. Thanks Andris. On Friday I and Jing went to the Quinnipiac-Yale hockey game:
Quinnipiac-Yale 4-1



It was a great game. However, we were there 90 minutes before the game, we could not find any spot to sit!!! I became so nervous!!! I had several moments when I thought OK, this is the time when I have to go home and f*ck the game. I felt so stupid walking around with my ticket without being able to sit down. And I had to wait 90 minutes until the game...OMG! I hate waiting. I hate standing:) I calmed down and found a good spot at the Quinnipiac gate. And the waiting started...75 minutes, 65 minutes, 45 minutes, 32 minutes when they started entertaining the crowd. Then the game started at 7PM. I took several pictures and videos but those are still on my camera and it is not with me now so I do not post them:) Quinnipiac beat Yale 4-1. 
I liked most this sign on T-shirt: Yuck Fale! Any thought what it refers to?:) Good for you!

On Saturday with also Jing we went to Costco. It is a wholesaler. Awesome place to buy and a great business model they run. 
http://www.costco.com/
You got to be a member. In order to be this you have to pay $100 and you will get a card with your face on it. Fortunately our friend's husband is Chinese, he and Jing look alike. What is the consequence of this? They can share the card. So we went there and we bought a lot of food. They also have free food samples so we did not have breakfast and ate so many samples. If you are in Costco you got to be cheeky. I ate 10 samples at each place:) You buy bulk stuff around $7-9.99 per bag, package. This is good quality food and great price, but a lot of quantity. So when you live alone, and you buy stuff in bulk you have to think ahead. You make smaller portions from the bulk and put them into the freezer, so when you cook you can make self-size meals. I spent $ 115 bucks but got food for 2 months for sure. I am very satisfied with my shopping. Costco also has its own gas station where you can get gas for 20 cents cheaper on average per gallon. You must show your card when you buy gas. The whole station operates automated petrol pumps, you only can pay with card and Costco card. There is no cashier needed, thus there is no labor cost. Credit card accepting [petrol pumps are one of the the best things in the US. I predict that they will be available in Hungary soon. If I would run a petrol station at home, I will use these kinds of petrol vending machines. Convenient for the buyer, non-stop service, no labor cost, guaranteed contracted maintenance. 

I get to go back and study aquaculture engineering. 
Now this blog is up to date again.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment