Sunday, October 28, 2012

10.22 - 10.28 - China town, NYC

After a crazy weekend and another week I did not want to go anywhere, just wanted to spend some time on my own and catch up with many things I am well behind. But of course it didn't happen as I planned:)
On Monday night we got our grades of the Management Accounting midterm. Hmm, i was pretty sure that i did a good job, but when i looked at the paper i was a bit surprised: 98%. Everybody was happy about his/her grade but i asked myself how i lost twooooo points?? It turned out that I was not able to do a simple math, something like that: 1,000,000$ + 350,000$:) Anyway, of course, I was happy.
On Tuesday night i got my inferential statistics midterm grade, it showed 94% result. I made similar mistakes like I did at accounting. Eventually I am glad that I chose Ottawa and Montreal instead of staying home and study my ass off. It paid off.
On Wednesday night i checked my grade of the foundations of health care and i got to know that the overall grade of my course is 91%. I am satisfied with it, however, i invested much more energy into this course than into the other two combined.:)
After the accounting class we went to a super restaurant with Alley and Jeffrey and ate a lot of wonderful food creations. OMG, how was it possible to taste at least 14 different types of dishes?:) Only we were in that popular restaurant at that time and the staff was watching the TV, basically nobody was on the street as well. Incredible! Why? Because of this: 
Third presidential debate - 10/22/12

I went home and had to watch it. Look at Obama's gestures. He is a genius speaker, very structural, logical, easy to understand and follow, suggestive, etc. Romney is a great guy, but cannot compete against Obama at least in the third debate.
Romney had a better performance on the second and on the first one:
First Presidential Debate - 10/03/12
Second Presidential Debate - 10/16/12

I am not a big fan of politics in Hungary, because it is simply stupid and I don't want to be involved in it. Here, you can feel the difference. Those guys made me curious about the whole election. So I made a quick research on the net and found this:
It is very visual and interactive site, perfect for Bence to get the most info in the least time. Bloomberg Businessweek just released a issue about the whole election: Are You Better Off? 
I got to tell you that is a great newspaper. (Are You Better Off now than four years ago? - it is the very same question that everybody knows in Hungary from the last election...This meme has been originated from somewhere, and i have an idea where:)

After work on Wednesday I went to fish and broke my rod again, more precisely a big trout broke my rod, anyhow the result was a broken rod. So Bence was thinking of buying a new one or fixing the existing one. I thought let's check it out. I spent about an hour with investigating the damage and came up with the solution. Now I have a fixed rod that work just fine!!! I tried it out in action and proved its great condition. I caught 5 trouts (just counted I kept) and a nice dace. It made me happy:)

And here comes the fun part of this week. On Thursday night Xiao came over and we visited Jing's apartment. They invited me to New York on Friday. I didn't plan to go to New York at all, so everything was spontaneous. I immediately said YES! Hell yeah i want to go to NYC! 
So then we packed up our stuff and headed to Ya Chu's apartment where we spent the night. I baked the pizza for dinner and she made her well-known spicy-sour soup! It was very delicious. We guys (Jing and me) slept on the floor in the living room just like this:
Two grubs:) 
@TimesSquare

Xiao and Jing:) 
@TimesSquare
Rockefeller Tower 
Trump Tower 
@CentralPark 
@ChinaTown
For me Chinatown was the best part of the trip. We had lunch in a real Chinese Restaurant (Shanghai Cousin) We used just chopsticks and spoon. Xiao and Jing taught me how to eat just like a Chinese:)
I had soy bean milk with fried dough ($1 and $1.25) that they usually eat for breakfast, but Bence was so hungry so I had to have it:) Soy bean milk is silky, slightly sweet and very healthy (and cheap). Fried dough was similar to the Hungarian Langos dough, as Xiao recommended I tore it apart and dropped into the milk and then when it is tender you eat it:) We also had steam buns, wonton and noodles.
Then we went to the Chinese Market, where i spent more than an hour just walking around and watching Chinese food and other stuff. The best part was the fish market, carp, tilapia, barramundi, eel, crabs, muscles, squid, bluegill, trout, salmon, catfish, shark, and 20+ more species. It was just WOW! I could have spent a half day just at that section...:)
I had to realize that i love pretty much everything that is Chinese. Especially the food and my Chinese friends:)  
Here is another great product, it is originated from Taiwan (that is not part of China, and on the other hand it is) That is why I dont like politics:) So this is the so called bubble tea! It is amazing product, i fell in love immediately. Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea
In the afternoon we met Ya Chu and girls were shopping of course, in the meantime we were struggling with Jing:) At 6pm we took the megabus again to go home. It was a wonderful day. I fell asleep in my bed after we arrived. 

Right now we are preparing for the hit of Hurricane Sandy:)
Last year's Hurricane Irene in Hamden, watch and pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment